2 weeks no food why ?

adam&nikki

i have this 5 foot amel male corn snake that hasnt eaten in 2 weeks im feeding him rat pups and has always enhaled them every time the temps are 86 and 73 hes in a 30 gallon long tank with eco earth substrate he drinks and poops but wont eat at all hewell look at the pup but wont eat it im starting to get alil worried since he will be bred to my sunglow female next year what can i do to get him to eat?

Shadraak

i have a few that wont eat from tong, or with me there, sometimes, my trick is put them in a tote with nothing else in it, but dark, and put the prey item in there as well and let them set, check on them every hour or so, some will take in 10 mins some will take in 3-4 hours but have yet to have one refuse overnight. hope that helps.

adam&nikki

he eats live prey and i got him to take one last night i had to hold the rat by the tail and dangle it in front of him to eat it

Gregg M

Registered Member
Its drive to breed may be over powering his drive to feed... This happens with many North American colubrids this time of year... I would not worry at this point...

Visit our friends