A few photos of some of my Geckos: U. milii; C. v. variegatus; N.levis; and G.hainanensis

Scarab

3 Year Member
I'm thinking of trying to breed them in the future, I'm going to post a pic of my young male N. wheeleri next.....

Jillian1

3 Year Member
It is actually a species of cave gecko :) Very similar looking to leos! I love their red eyes.

Wow!! I've never even heard of them! ~ Eventually I want one more gecko in the future. I'm not sure if I want another leo or if I want a crested, or... something else. How are cave geckos with temperament and taking care of them?

Taiga

3 Year Member
Wow!! I've never even heard of them! ~ Eventually I want one more gecko in the future. I'm not sure if I want another leo or if I want a crested, or... something else. How are cave geckos with temperament and taking care of them?
I personally am in love with leopard geckos, but I would also suggest gargoyles if you want something unique and interesting. Cave geckos, I would not hold them as much because they can be fragile and a bit nervous. Care is similar to African fat-tail geckos, humid and room temp 65-79 degrees.

But as I said, it depends on the species as well. For something you can hold easier and just have as a good pet, gargoyles, leopards, or fat tail geckos are great pets. I have them right now, and my gargoyles are very docile and good sitters. Leos are... leos, mixed bag of adorable personalities. You should do some research to find a gecko that fits your wants and housing availabilities :)

Jillian1

3 Year Member
I personally am in love with leopard geckos, but I would also suggest gargoyles if you want something unique and interesting. Cave geckos, I would not hold them as much because they can be fragile and a bit nervous. Care is similar to African fat-tail geckos, humid and room temp 65-79 degrees.

But as I said, it depends on the species as well. For something you can hold easier and just have as a good pet, gargoyles, leopards, or fat tail geckos are great pets. I have them right now, and my gargoyles are very docile and good sitters. Leos are... leos, mixed bag of adorable personalities. You should do some research to find a gecko that fits your wants and housing availabilities :)

Thank you, and yeah, I'm defiantly in NO rush. I love my leo because she's slow, sweet and easy to handle. I'd probably not get the cave gecko in that case, but they ARE still beautiful, and I appreciate you sharing them with us!

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Nice, I'll have to look carefully. Our shows here in NE Ohio are kinda lame, but maybe I'll get lucky. If not, I'm gonna buy off someone on here and breed them. Maybe I'll be the first at the local level to have them.

Visit our friends