A little help to solve a puzzle please!

Eve.020020

Hi :) been meaning to join the forum for a long time but finally caved now Ive been faced with a conundrum! I’ve had my leopard gecko, Walnut, for exactly a year on the 10th of December and I’ve not been worried about him until this point... the thing is that he’s stopped pooping altogether! Every factor is correct, he’s eating, I’ve seen him drinking, he’s not gained or lost weight, his temperature is fine, he’s not bloated or has any dark spots... I am completely puzzled. The only things I can think is that A. He is in fact a girl and it’s egg season (I don’t know much about this as I bought a male Leo for a reason) or B. An escaped insect has consumed it or he’s stepped on it. I just hope there’s nothing sinister. The reason why I’m writing the post is because today I found the urine part of the poop but no actual poop- it’s just entirely puzzling and I would quite like some answers...I’ll be grateful with all the help I can get!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's a little early for egg season. If everything else is normal I wouldn't worry. Some geckos are very smart about hiding their poop --it's there, we just can't find it. Some geckos like poooping in their warm hides (I have 2 like that). Sometimes they just pee. So take a good look in all the nooks and crannies of the enclosure and you might find some surprises.

Aliza

Eve.020020

It's a little early for egg season. If everything else is normal I wouldn't worry. Some geckos are very smart about hiding their poop --it's there, we just can't find it. Some geckos like poooping in their warm hides (I have 2 like that). Sometimes they just pee. So take a good look in all the nooks and crannies of the enclosure and you might find some surprises.

Aliza
Thank you for the reassurance!! [: I’m gonna have a good dig later haha

Visit our friends