a lizard that is least liked

adam&nikki

so i have these 3 green amevias that are housed together and i love them the are a member of the tegu family and love crickets all sorts of worms and mice i feed mie a diet of crickets and every week a mouse to help them with the calcium today i was feeding my meal worms and thought the amevias might like some fresh fruit so i took a strawberry and mashd it up well 2 secondes later the bowl was empty

232.jpg

225.jpg

019.jpg

im not sure why people dnt like these guys they are amazing and are full of personality

adam&nikki

they get to be around 16 inches long i have my 3 set up in a 6 foot long tank that has 2 basking spots a big water dish so they can drink and soak it also has 5 hides in it made from rocks they seem to enjoy themselves really well

Johnantny

They're fantastic lizards. I got to see and chase them in Costa Rica- they enjoy a leafy substrate so feel free to add a deep layer of oak to your cage. They'll appreciate it and use it to hunt down crickets.

adam&nikki

They're fantastic lizards. I got to see and chase them in Costa Rica- they enjoy a leafy substrate so feel free to add a deep layer of oak to your cage. They'll appreciate it and use it to hunt down crickets.

thanks for that i really want to change they set up to an all natural one i have a few ideas running thru my head i have a friend that is a plumber and he will give me some pvc pipeing ( un used of course) that i would use as a tunneling system and its great cuz pvc dosent hold a smell also want to add some live plants and some kinda water system that will run water into a small pool so they have fresh water 24 7

i do wish that mine would breed soon ive had them since the summer of last year so i cant wait hopefully ill have a few eggs this year

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I also like amevias. They're one of those species that gets lumped in as "petstore fodder" along with a few other ones I consider to be underappreciated(plated lizards, many of the smaller skinks, and Cuban Anoles spring to mind). I think some of it has to do with their usually less-than-friendly personality, but I like spunky lizards. Captive breds are all but non-existent so if you do get your group to breed I'd consider it a great accomplishment. Good luck.

adam&nikki

i got my fingers crossed and many of them all wild caught so they usally dnt make it very long in captivity like i said mine have been almost a year so i think im outa the red area for that ive seen alot of naughty bussiness but no eggs as of yet

Visit our friends