ACK! What won't this dragon eat?!

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Our Beardie was up on the back of the couch, hanging out, as usual. My 2 nephews were over today, so I gave them a snack and sent them into the living room to watch TV.
Within a couple minute, Strider (age 6) comes in and says, "Thea K? The lizards eatin' a cookie."
Strider's younger brother, Remington, had put his Oreo cookies on the table next to the couch. Upon seeing this, apparently, my little pig-dragon ran across the back of the couch, on to the table and snagged one of Rem's cookies. Now, the little oinker only got in a couple small bites, and he was quite indignant about me taking that cookie away.

This dragon eats just about anything he can grab, (at one point he belly flopped into my daughter's fresh plate of Chicken Lo Mein and defied her to move him) but chocolate has always been a no-no. I don't have to worry about him dropping dead now from a stroke or something, do I? (I wouldn't be as concerned if it wasn't an Oreo)

Yeah, I know I'm an idiot. I shouldn't have been letting him hang on the couch while the kids were here. I'm human, what can I say? He's been hangin' on the back of this couch for 4 years and I haven't had to contend with young children for years. I'm outa practice...

K

L

LadyGecko

I am guessing that because it is only a chocolate flavored cookie that your dragon will be OK but I am just guessing as I have never had a dragon eat an Oreo before-lol

Sorry I don't mean to laugh but the metal images that you described that your dragon will go through to snag some people food sure are funny

Hope that your dragon is OK and you might want to just call a vet and inquire if there might be a problem with ingesting part of a cookie
I would be worried more if it was a chocolate chip cookie

Sandy

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Well, he's just fine today. The only problem is he now knows what an Oreo looks like and has launched himself on to both Tim and EJ to grab cookies away from them!
He's rabid!!

rubym

OMG, too funny. I though tmy girl was a piggy but i think your guy has her beat. She usually just tries to eat anything that moves.

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Oh yeah. Him, too.
We tried to take some Thanksgiving pictures of him and had to remove him quickly from his "scene."
He tasted an orange danish, his eyes lit up and he latched on like a pitbull. I'm not sure, but I think he growled.
My daughter, then, moved him back to the couch, sat down and tried to give him a small bite of turkey. He by-passed the turkey and dove, head first, into the marshmellow fruit salad. Did he come up with fruit? No... He had a mouthful of marshmellow.
Apparently marshmellow and orange danish is a dragon's natural food in Australia. It grows in the wild.:main_rolleyes:
Eatingdisorder.jpg

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Hmm... Didn't really seem like it at the time, but now that I'm reading back through it all, it is kinda funny...

Visit our friends