Adopted from friend and PREGO !!!!

iatakden

So my friend gave me 2 AFT and they never bread when they were with him living in the same tank . Well i get them into my care and with in 2 weeks they mated . I can see 2 clear eggs in here and she should lay within the next week !!!!

Why would they never mate in his care but mated right away once they were in my tank ????

acmReptilia

The exact same thing happened to me. I brought them home. Fixed up their setup a little bit. And instead of sleeping in seperate hides. I noticed they were together a bit. When doing my normal check on them, I noticed the egg bulges.

Landen

LSReptiles
The previous owner may have not had conditions right, moved to your place and (I'm assuming) warmed up and triggered them to breed.

EverEvolvingExotics

So my friend gave me 2 AFT and they never bread when they were with him living in the same tank . Well i get them into my care and with in 2 weeks they mated . I can see 2 clear eggs in here and she should lay within the next week !!!!

Why would they never mate in his care but mated right away once they were in my tank ????

Did you expect a male and female to not breed while they are housed in the same setup? If you don't want eggs it's a bit late to stop it now, but you should seperate them immediately to prevent it from happening in the future. In the mean time I'd recommend learning about how to incubate eggs and how to care for hatchlings.

Visit our friends