Adult AFT tub setup

UnderDogReptiles

thinking about doing the REC rack that Dave made from davids fine geckos then I heard people were using 6qt tubs for adult AFTs and became curious about that setup anyone using a 6qt setup have any pics of an adult in a tub thanks for any info hope everybody is doing well :main_thumbsup:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I currently have my juvie AFT in a 6 qt. tub and that's what I start them in. I think I've also heard of people keeping AFT's in a small setup like that. While I do find that AFT's move around a lot less than leos, for example, I would personally not be comfortable keeping a single one in an enclosure that small. My AFT who is currently inthe 6qt tub is heading for Indiana as soon as it warms up.

Aliza

UnderDogReptiles

I am not comfortable about it either im not saying its cruel or the people who use this are cruel I am just curious of different raising methods and what is best for the animal not what I think is best for the animal so I want to see the facts and see what is happening to the animals and their health and what others have noticed using these different tub sizes thanks for your responce :D

brillobee

Glittering Geckos
I keep my aft in 15qt tubs. Fatties do like small spaces, and rarely leave their hide but 6qt is too small. By the time you put a hide, water, food, and most hide 15qt are nice and cozy.

Visit our friends