Advice on Juveniles

CaleighJo

I recently got my first juvenile a couple of weeks ago. He has settled in well, stayed active, been held, fed, pooping, and seems to be drinking from what we’ve seen. He ate fine yesterday, yet today he hasn’t taken for me and seems disinterested in any of the small mealworms or crickets I offer (mind you I feed him daily as I should); BUT he also looks ashy as if he is about to shed. Is this a normal behavior switch or should I be more concerned? He seems to be spending a lot more time hiding suddenly now that he looks pre-shed. My adult female who has shed for me numerous times typically stays active during the entire process, so this is new to me. He has a humid hide that I check consistently to ensure it’s moist enough for a safe and proper shedding. I checked for any bloating, lumps, etc. to no avail, but he acts fine as soon as he’s handled. He still has energy outside of his enclosure, he just seems more lethargic in it than normal now. Am I just overly worrying? I feel like a helicopter parent since I know they’re much more fragile as babies.

Edit; his tank has stayed at a consistent hot/cold on both sides which I monitor, no draft or anything that would change it.

Visit our friends