AFT Snow

KelliH

Who, me? I'll pipe down, sure.
I just wish people wouldn't be so dismissive and flippant.

I know leos pretty well, I'm trying to learn about fatties, and I really hate mocking smackdowns. It's just thoughtless and rude.

That was why I was trying to talk about mack snows being the leo equivalent to fattie whiteouts. Am I wrong?

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular at all; rather the membership as a whole. :smitten:

lillith

lillith's leo lovables
~phew~

Okay.

Now seriously, would the cross-species herp experts tell me if whiteouts and mack snows are roughly the same thing? That's my hunch.

It would actually be kind of nice if there were a list of genotypes and phenotypes that could be listed in a manner that made sense...Like naming the genotype/phenotype and then listing a species, and then listing a name of morphs/nicknames for the phenotypes.

The only example I can think of would go something like this:

Tyrosine negative albinism
Leopard gecko - Albino (tremper, rainwater, bell strains)
African Fat-tailed Gecko - not yet discovered (I'm sorry if I am incorrect, meant to be an example only)
Ball Python - Classic Albino

...etc.

Ooh OOh! Like this webpage, but for herps!
http://jaxmice.jax.org/list/ra979.html

I mean, there's this:
http://ralphdavisreptiles.com/collection/pythons/ball/

And iHerp is rolling out morph types as a beta project...but is anyone working on a comprehensive herp database?

Sorry if I have gone too far off-topic.

Last edited:

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
On the topic of "Snows", I was able to buy a project off Pat Kline he is calling "Snow Amel". Basically it's either a co-dominant or a line bred trait that fades and animal out. Right now it's only in Amels, I'm hoping to isolate it into Normals this season and then work it into other morphs. I have some pictures on my facebook and on here if you wanna take a look.

Visit our friends