mad_gardner

I got my crested gecko back in April this year. She was/is around 2 years old when I got her. She has a 18x18x24 enclosure with plenty of greenery and hides. I feed her repashy every other night and mist her every night. Her humidity stays at about 70-80 at night and 50 throughout the day. Her temperature says at 73-72 degrees. Handling her wasn’t difficult, she was very calm and I never had to worry about being bit. At the beginning of August, I went to the beach for a week. I taught my mom everything she needed to know to take care of my gecko. When I returned from the beach, Gei was acted completely different towards me. At night when I’m near her enclosure she jumps and snaps at the glass. When I reach my hands in the enclosure she jumps to bite me. Something I have had an issue with before the beach trip. I can’t even help her get the extra shed on her toes. I thought that maybe after a few weeks or so she would calm down but she has yet to and it’s been over a month. I don’t know what is going on with her or what to do, because she has never been this aggressive before. So I was wondering if anybody had any answers as to what the problem could be?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have had Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde crested geckos before. All I can suggest is that you keep talking to her, put your hand in the cage (you can put a glove on if you're worried she'll bite you) and see if she can calm down again. Some geckos do get cage defensive where they get upset if their territory is invaded but are better once they come out of the cage. Good luck!

Aliza

Elisha9

Talking won’t do anything. They can’t really here us. It’s more frequencies.
Bit just keep getting her out and taming her down.
Defo a female?

Visit our friends