Agressive cresty.. Advice or help

Karlicupofj0e

Hey guys i am rescuing an agressive cresty .from craigslist. he is comming from a home where he clearly was not cared for properly .. i plan on changing his set up allowimg for more hiding places proper humidity and temp exct. I also plan on being gentle slow and patient , changing his diet to repeashy .. and giving him some crickets to work out his agression on .. any other information or help woild be greatly appteciated .

Karlicupofj0e

Hey guys i am rescuing an agressive cresty .from craigslist. he is comming from a home where he clearly was not cared for properly .. i plan on changing his set up allowimg for more hiding places proper humidity and temp exct. I also plan on being gentle slow and patient , changing his diet to repeashy .. and giving him some crickets to work out his agression on .. any other information or help would be greatly appteciated . My little babe will be here tonight at 7 so i am preparing .. and have been for days . Researching and what not .. however , i have never dealt with an agressive cresty before .. he is a dalmation cresty and im not sure if agression is also something that comes with that particular morph ? Any and all help advice is greatly appreciated

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I also rescued a crestie that had his aggressive moments. The most important thing I did was, when I had to pick him up, I used a soft towel to wrap him in so he didn't bite me. I'm including the link to the article I wrote about this gecko, who unfortunately passed away last year:
Aliza

Karlicupofj0e

Inread the article it was cute why did hw pass away so young ? Or am i missreading that ? .. my reptar has similar charcteristics but at the moment is vwry docile and nice a complete contraduction to what the craigslost add said . He was clearly not taken care of corectly however seems to be doing better this far . I hope a jekyll and hyde personality does not immerge but will have to see.. thanks for the advice

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
No, he did pass away young. Unfortunately I have a crypto positive household of geckos. I haven't had many losses among the crested geckos but I think Bart was a victim.

Aliza

Karlicupofj0e

Thats unfortunate, i was talking on the phone while handeling reptar today and he bit me .. im guessing phones are a bad hit

Visit our friends