Another boring U. ebenaui

postskunk

I picked up a bunch of cool stuff on Sunday but by far the best find was a male ebenaui to pair up with my female. this guy is unbelievable he even puts my satanics to shame (and I've got some pretty ones:D) and the molting stays at night! I'm not sure if exceptional coloration on ebenaui is very uncommon or it's just not readily seen because they're probably the lest popular of the Uroplatus (not for me and I know there's some other enthusiasts out there to;)) but this guys gonna get spoiled rotten now that he's in my hands.

ok ok enough bragging heres the photos

DSC08948.jpg

DSC08946.jpg

DSC08939.jpg

the orange around his mouth reminds me of the joker, but I named him Handsome.

thanks for checking him out hopefully next season he'll make some pretty babies with my girl

-Matt

postskunk

It rained real hard this morning and then dropped to about 79 so I let my 2 henkeli and fimbriatus stretch their legs on the porch. I snapped some pictures and though I'd throw them in this thread as well.

My Male Fimbriatus Steve Zissou, I think he looks like a black squirrel with mange in this shot
DSC09023.jpg

My female Henkeli, Mittzy
DSC09045.jpg

and she lightened up once she settled on the wall
DSC09056.jpg

and last but not lest my male henkeli, Mr Hands. All dressed for Christmas
DSC09060.jpg

his colors change so drastically this is what he looks like most of the time during the day
DSC08973.jpg

thanks for checking them out and humoring my excessive photo shoots;)

-Matt

That ebenaui is the most colorful spear point that I have ever seen. Who would want to sell that awesome little guy? Is he C.B.? I love your frimbriatus and henkeli they are my two favorite uros. Some day I will work with these guys. Congrats on the new guy and the others.

postskunk

Thanks, I cant wait till the fall when I try to breed him. I'm actually a total jerk cause I bought him and there was an amazing looking female for sale too but like an hour latter when I finally decided to go back for her she was sold, but I shouldn't complain cause this guy's a true find. He's WC but I think he was still left over from the shipment that came in April so he has a few months in captivity under his belt.

fimbriatus and henkeli are really great. I'm looking for a Female Fimbriatus to pair him up with but I really want a bicolor one or something really unique and those don't seem to be readily available.I threw my henkeli eggs on the egg candle last night, the little guys inside were squirming around like champs:D.

Thanks again
-Matt

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Wow, I'm not usually a huge fan of ebanaui(I like the bigger guys myself) but that is a spectacular example. Never seen one with that much color before. Your pair of henks is fantastic too, especially that male.

postskunk

He Probably originally came in on that shipment or possibly from the small shipment that seemed to come threw Florida last month, but i got him from Limey at Royal Reptilia. I like to wait it out a little bit before I pick up leaf tails.

Visit our friends