any albino leo tips??

celestiallove

so ive had my enclosure for a leo set for months and have done all my research and planned on getting a leo soon. turns out theres an expo in town tomorrow and one well loved leo breeder has all albinos. i didn’t previously intend on getting an albino leo but i researched and there isn’t really a care difference that i saw besides not keeping it in direct light and watching it w the d3. besides this, anything else i should know? theyre the only breeder with 100% reviews on morph market thats going tomorrow :) thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Since I don't use extra lights with my leopard geckos, I have seen no difference between my albino and non albino leos. My oldest leo is an albino and is 16 1/2.

Aliza

celestiallove

Since I don't use extra lights with my leopard geckos, I have seen no difference between my albino and non albino leos. My oldest leo is an albino and is 16 1/2.

Aliza
do you use a less amount of d3 with your albino leos? i read that some do that

JadedGeckos

if you mean UV with D3 then yea keep it abit lower around 2.0% - 2.4%. normal leos have around 5-6% but since albinos in general is more senetive to sun light they can get burnt easy and thier eyes can get damaged. you can have a 5-6% UV light on an albino but it has to be the right lenght away from it. like 50cm or so. while 2.0-2.4% is 30cm in general.

but if you mean D3 as the supplement then i dont know and i havent read anything about that

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
do you use a less amount of d3 with your albino leos? i read that some do that

I haven't heard anything about this and since it's hard to tell how much the feeders may groom off the D3 when they've been dusted with it, I don't find any way to accurately determine how much D3 they're getting. All I can say is that my albinos and non-albinos get the same supplementation and everyone is fine.

Aliza

Visit our friends