Anyone know how much these go for?

gko reptiles

A New Generation
I just inherited a few wierd geckos... we'll be getting them this friday. I was wondering if anyone knows how much they go for or if anyone wants them? These are the only pics I've got till Friday, and I don't know how much they weigh or how old they are!?? There are 5 cresteds, a pair of auriculatus, and a leachie (unsexed). If anyone knows about how much they'd go for, please let us know! Thanks!

gko reptiles

A New Generation
If you had said green, I might take your offer; but orange?, that's an insult!! LOL!!

Now really, does anyone know what these go for?

I know the Leachie is worth more than tic-tacs!

Jeremy Letkey

Jaded by reality!!
Really I knew I should have said green!!! Best I can say is shop them around. Hit some of the sale sites and some breeder sites and price accordingly.

I could give you estimated prices but it can vary so greatly. Size also plays a huge factor as well as sexing. Sexing is probally the biggest difference maker.

By the way I love the Leachie.

gko reptiles

A New Generation
Thanks Jeremy! I've been looking around on Kingsnake and Fauna just trying to get a price range. The problem is that I don't know the technicalities between a harley and a flame and so forth. Same for the Auri's... I think they look like the black striped auri's, but they're a little like marbled too...? I'm just hoping that I'll get someone who knows the difference between all of them!!!

gko reptiles

A New Generation
I also have these two... It's a pair of Viper Tailed Geckos. Supposedly they're not very expensive, but it's worth a shot...

crestedgeckogirly

Hey, none of the links to the pics are working for me. I can probably give you a pretty good estimate on most of the rhacs if I see pics.

*EDIT...I can see them...I'll pm you*

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

-Andrea ;)

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
I want that leachie .... *drools* most unsexed juvi leachies depend on locality for pricing. They hover around 300-350 however for unsexed juvis

W

WildEyeReptiles

The gargoyles are pretty much just nice reticulated/marbled animals. They are going for about $100-$175 each for sexable animals right now. As mentioned, the leachie will sell for about $250-$350 unsexed. You will have to know the locality to get much more than that out of it though - at any age. As far as the cresteds go, most, I wasnt able to determine the sex visually, so prices are for unsexed animals. #1 - chevron pattern $60-85, #2 flame, maybe a harlequin, hard to tell - has enlarged crests, probably a male $60-$85, #3 & 4 - flames, $60-85, #5 probably a female, flame, $100-$150 (if its a female, otherwise $60-85). Vipers have been going for about $40-50 each.

Mind you, these are what you can reasonably expect to get. I see people advertising low quality animals for a lot of money, but that doesnt mean they are selling them at those prices :)

gko reptiles

A New Generation
Thanks! 4 out of the 5 cresties are female, the problem is, I don't know which one is the male... The light colored retic is the male and the darker on is a female. I don't know if that helps at all, but I just figured I'd let everyone know! ;)

bleeding_sarcasm

Rockstar
alot of things factor into price of rhacodactylus. for example, if you know the specific locale and bloodlines, that ups the price considerably, if youre dealing with a sexed juvenile, its more then an unsexed hatchling, and adults are the most. pure animals with traceable blood lines are more then mutt leachies of mixed locales, or unknown. if you cant ask the person you got it from what it is, then there really isnt any way to tell. you cant look at a picture and say "it looks like island X" and that means its "island X" because mutts can closely resemble "island X", because even the animals from "island X" can vary considerably.

as far as crested geckos go, bloodlines are important, morph is important, and size/sex is important. if you have something from repashy or anthony cappatino [sp?] the gecko is going to be worth considerably more, then if theyre from joe blow no-name [which is why i cant sell any of MY crested geckos HAHA]

sexing rhacodactylus is not that hard. if you need to, i can email you a few pics. sexing by pores is the most reliable way on younger animals, on mature animals, hemipenile bulge is rather obvious.

males of all species in the genus are going to have a few rows of dark-pitted pre-anal pores. females of a few of the species will have pseudo pores, that are dented, but not dark pitted [like the auriculatus and leachianus] its easy to see the difference if you have something to compare against. kindof like leopard gecko females that are incubated hot.

edit: oh, and auriculatus depends on morph, stripes are more, stripes with bright colors like red/orange are the most. and sexed adults are more then juveniles, males are the most. and if you want to send any of them to me, id be more then happy to take them off your hands ;)

unsexed, unknown leachie i would price at ~ $350, the pair of auriculatus i would price $350 [thats 200 for the male, and 150 for the female] depending on weather or not they are proven/breeding size [40+g] and the cresteds i would personally price at 50-$75 if you want to get rid of them fast.

pictures:
male ciliatus
maleciliatus.jpg

female ciliatus
femaleciliatus.jpg

female leachianus
leachie2pores.jpg

male leachianus
_MG_1598_edited.jpg

Last edited:
W

WildEyeReptiles

bleeding_sarcasm said:
if you have something from repashy or anthony cappatino [sp?] the gecko is going to be worth considerably more, then if theyre from joe blow no-name [which is why i cant sell any of MY crested geckos HAHA]

Unless you happen to know what generation your animals are.. we still own several F1's and produce F2 animals regularly - I dont see anyone else out there able to make that claim. They may be red, but are they inbred? LOL

bleeding_sarcasm

Rockstar
yea, well not many people advertize that, and even if they did, im not sure how many people would understand what an f1 or f2 generation is. and as far as i know, alan rapashy has quite a few WC crested geckos that still breed for him. it may be ugly, but at least its really close to being wild caught! leopard geckos are inbred, and they bring in $800+ for a single super inbred morph. they may not be geneticly sound, but its obviously what people want, since they still shell out the money for it. when it comes to animals that arent regularly imported, youre going to have to some ammount of inbreeding.
if they didnt produce the animals, theyre not going to know the genetics. its just like leachianus, if you dont know where it came from, you sell it as is, just like everyone else.

Visit our friends