Apollo [Leopard Gecko]

Jillian1

3 Year Member
So this is my reason for living right here~ her full name is Apollo the Space Muffin, but we call her Apollo for short.
About 4 years ago I rescued her as a baby. The person who had her had many geckos and lizards and a new baby, and her boyfriend bought her a new Leopard Gecko on top of it all. She winded up trying to feed her iguana food and vegetables (which leos dont eat), had heat lamps made for igunas, heating rocks which were too crazy hot for her soft baby leo skin, and harsh woodchips.... basically it was a mess and she was lethargic and on her way out.
My boyfriend and his mom had an 11 year old leo at the time so he helped me revive her and today shes a plump happy, SWEET adult.
I named her Apollo because she was yellow and I like greek gods...and I didnt know she was a she at the time. The space muffin my roomy gave to her when she was a baby in college.

Substrate: Yessss, I know now that calci-sand is a 'no-no'. Please hold any rude comments~ I watch her very very well for any signs of impaction and I give her oil spas every so often (prevents/cleans anything out, just in case). Yen (Stevens moms leo) is 11+ years old, fat and healthy and spent his entire life on the stuff. Again, I am watching her very closey allll the time. - onto the heat, she has a heating pad under her sand. -- I AM UPGRADING her tank in about a month to a huge awesome one! However in the meantime, she's happy. :)

20674879861826603860704.jpg
39223692346460588607049.jpg
26733656523260568607049.jpg
23802663121183278607049.jpg
38851692346575358607049.jpg
36811692346784938607049.jpg

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Great gecko! I love the name!! And don't feel bad about the calci-sand... my original three leos have been on it for years. I wouldn't use it for juvies, but its a good substrate for holding heat with under tank heaters. I also like to use heat rocks. I put them on other rocks, which creates a variable belly heat for the gang.
100_6729 web.jpg

Taiga

3 Year Member
Such cute pictures! Leos are very addicting, I would have a dozen if I had the space. I especially am looking into an albino, tremper/rainwater/las vegas/ enigma, does not matter. I have a thing for anything albino!

Can't wait to see more photos :)

Jillian1

3 Year Member
Great gecko! I love the name!! And don't feel bad about the calci-sand... my original three leos have been on it for years. I wouldn't use it for juvies, but its a good substrate for holding heat with under tank heaters. I also like to use heat rocks. I put them on other rocks, which creates a variable belly heat for the gang.
View attachment 12

Thank you, it's nice to hear that. & I agree, juvies stomachs wouldn't be able to handle it. ~ Love your leos, they are very pretty :)

Jillian1

3 Year Member
Such cute pictures! Leos are very addicting, I would have a dozen if I had the space. I especially am looking into an albino, tremper/rainwater/las vegas/ enigma, does not matter. I have a thing for anything albino!

Can't wait to see more photos :)

I can see why! Albinos are really pretty. & thanks :)

Visit our friends