Are leaf tails hard to care for?

E

eric.r.thornhill

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have found it very useful so far. for the last couple weeks, I've been curious about buying a leaf tailed gecko, but I'm not too sure if I'm experienced enough to buy one. I'm new to reptiles, but I'm not too interested in leos, or beardeds, however leaf tailed geckos have always interested me.
So I'm posting this looking for some advise from anyone with experience with these type of geckos. Are they hard to care for in comparison to leopard geckos and crested geckos? Are they geckos that you are able to be handled every once and a while, or are they high stressed geckos? I understand humidity is an issue with them, so would it be recommended to get a mister with a timer? And lastly, in comparison to veiled chameleons, (if even possible), are these type of geckos easier to care for? I'm not one to jump into buying a pet without knowing everything about them; after having two failures with two baby veiled chameleons...so I would appreciate any input by anyone who knows cares for or knows about these amazing geckos.

Thanks, Eric

Honestly I would not recommend you to start with Uroplatus until you have some experience. I am not telling you can’t I am sure if you do your research and give the proper care you could be a successful keeper. It is up to you, but do keep in mind Uroplatus geckos are not the cheapest or easiest to find.

S

susan

If you choose to get any animal that requires high-humidity, by all means pay for a good quality misting system or humidifier. Otherwise, it's a a mater of when - not if the animal will suffer.
Also, remember that anything is easy when you know what you're doing.
Research before you embark!

Visit our friends