Baby crested geko

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
When you say you've "just had a baby crested gecko" do you mean that you just bought one, or that your crested gecko laid eggs and one hatched? If it's the first, hopefully the place you got it from gave you a care sheet. If not, hopefully you've googled "crested gecko care" so you have a clue what to do. It's really hard to put an entire care sheet into a response to a thread. The most important things, though, are evening misting and provision of a powdered complete crested gecko diet (CGD). It would be much easier to answer specific questions, so, if you haven't done this already, find and read some care sheets and then come back and ask about things you feel you're not sure about and we'll try to help.

Aliza

tim potts

When you say you've "just had a baby crested gecko" do you mean that you just bought one, or that your crested gecko laid eggs and one hatched? If it's the first, hopefully the place you got it from gave you a care sheet. If not, hopefully you've googled "crested gecko care" so you have a clue what to do. It's really hard to put an entire care sheet into a response to a thread. The most important things, though, are evening misting and provision of a powdered complete crested gecko diet (CGD). It would be much easier to answer specific questions, so, if you haven't done this already, find and read some care sheets and then come back and ask about things you feel you're not sure about and we'll try to help.

Aliza
Thank you for reading my thre

Aliza
hello thanks for messaging me I meant we’ve just brought one we were told she was hatched on July the 4 we think we know the basics just keep reading more and more information. The breaded now isn’t answering our messages there is a breaded on YouTube that keeps her young in creature carriers we are thinking ours is to small for the tank and should be in a smaller tank and just maybe to young to be sold ???

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Those questions are much easier for me to answer. I did breed crested geckos for a season. When they were newly hatched, I kept them in a 6qt shoebox sized tub with a small hide, like a half coconut shell, a piece of cork bark or bamboo that I put at an angle from the top of the hide to the floor so it has some place to "climb", a small water bowl and a small bowl for crested gecko diet. It looks as if you do have yours in a smaller enclosure.
On the other hand, I got my first crested gecko when it was about 4 weeks old and very small (he's 15 years old now!). I put him directly into a 12x12x18 enclosure and he did fine.
What you have it in now looks OK. Ultimately you'll need a bigger enclosure and I have found that a 12x12x18 is not big enough for an adult so plan on eventually getting at least an 18x18x18 or 18x18x24.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Aliza

tim potts

Those questions are much easier for me to answer. I did breed crested geckos for a season. When they were newly hatched, I kept them in a 6qt shoebox sized tub with a small hide, like a half coconut shell, a piece of cork bark or bamboo that I put at an angle from the top of the hide to the floor so it has some place to "climb", a small water bowl and a small bowl for crested gecko diet. It looks as if you do have yours in a smaller enclosure.
On the other hand, I got my first crested gecko when it was about 4 weeks old and very small (he's 15 years old now!). I put him directly into a 12x12x18 enclosure and he did fine.
What you have it in now looks OK. Ultimately you'll need a bigger enclosure and I have found that a 12x12x18 is not big enough for an adult so plan on eventually getting at least an 18x18x18 or 18x18x24.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Aliza
Thank you we do have a larger enclosure the small one was just to bring her home the large enclosure is 65 cm tall by 45 by 45 cm and fully land out with plastic vines and wood and a hanging coconut and a shelve feeder but we were worried that she couldn’t find her feeder so we placed her back in the small one and put that in the big one but last night our son had her out on some kitchen paper and was feeding her with a cotton bud dipped in food and she seemed ok so we are trying the large enclosure again.

Visit our friends