baby pics

geckomaster

I finially got around to picking up a camera and thought the best way to break it in was to take some goni baby pics. These are five I hatched out this year, the luii is currently in shed.

geckomaster

Thanks, these are some of my favorite lizards and I hope to see a thriving goni community continue to grow here in the states and am pleased to see the interest and success of breeders here over the last year.

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Very Nice. love that last one! is that a hainanensis. I'd lover to see some of the aberrances or "jungles" that could very potentially come out with selective breeding projects as more of us start having more success with these guys.

geckomaster

Thanks again, in response to the question about housing... a little ways up the page...caves are pretty easy (araneus being a little more fickle in my opinion). The key thing is humidity and outside of that they can stand it pretty cool and reasonably warm. The last gecko pictured is indeed hainanensis. I've seen many examples for both high orange coloration and aberrant patterns in both hainanensis and luii and believe these traits to be pretty common in both species. I hope as well that within a couple of generations we can see the beginnings of some cool morphs, and am glad everyone is having success and will love working with other breeders hopefully in the future. Personally I believe restraint is in order for myself in labeling morphs until larger breeding programs are established over time as some importers are quick to brand slightly aberrant geckos as "sunset" or "patternless" morphs as we all saw last summer at greatly exagerrated prices and I think it's a little too soon for that...but someday:D Thanks again for looking and I hope everyone has a fantastic goni season!

Big Red One

Thanks again, in response to the question about housing... a little ways up the page...caves are pretty easy (araneus being a little more fickle in my opinion). The key thing is humidity and outside of that they can stand it pretty cool and reasonably warm. The last gecko pictured is indeed hainanensis. I've seen many examples for both high orange coloration and aberrant patterns in both hainanensis and luii and believe these traits to be pretty common in both species. I hope as well that within a couple of generations we can see the beginnings of some cool morphs, and am glad everyone is having success and will love working with other breeders hopefully in the future. Personally I believe restraint is in order for myself in labeling morphs until larger breeding programs are established over time as some importers are quick to brand slightly aberrant geckos as "sunset" or "patternless" morphs as we all saw last summer at greatly exagerrated prices and I think it's a little too soon for that...but someday:D Thanks again for looking and I hope everyone has a fantastic goni season!

Very good Mark !

Loving the orangey headed orientalis, will be nice to see that as it matures.

Just got myself a new adult male Orientalis, so hoping that maybe next year I get some joy there. My Luii and Lichtenfelderi are close together much of the time so fingers crossed there will be something white for me to find soon!

Good luck for the rest of the year..

Visit our friends