Back from the vet..

Lena

I question all things.
Well, after thinking Fonzie was brumating for the past two months, I finally got him (actually, he is a she, so we discovered today) to the vet. We took to the Chadwell Animal Hospital in Abingdon, Maryland, and I highly reccomend it! I had a woman vet by the name of Tamie Haskin. She was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Anyway, turns out Fonzie is chock full of parasites that have probably been with her since when she was in the pet store. Something that began with an 'S', I can't remember the name.

Also, after two x-rays, they also discovered some small stones in Fonzie's kidneys.

The remedy: 5 days worth of force-fed panacar goodness and daily 1 hour bathes.

I'm relived to know that everything is treatable. And that I actually got Fonzie to a vet.

But guys, I can't stress this enough, I learned the hard way.. If you think anything is wrong: GO TO A VET! It's really worth it. In fact, even just a wellness check-up is totally worth it.

Oh - And by the way, the vet bill was $161.. OUCH!

EDIT: And just curious.. I wasn't told so but should I be worried about these worms being transmitted to my other reptiles or people?

Last edited:

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
well its good to know she is going to be ok. but i have to ask what the parasites are becasue beardies need some levels of cirtan things. it helps them digest the vegies. with out a low level of some things they could die from not being able to digest the food.

as for them going from animal to animal, it owuld be a good idea to wash or disinfect your hands when going from animal to animal, just because they do step through their own crap and when you handle them it can get on you.

nev

Lena

I question all things.
Her stomach's so full of them, it's literally causing some impaction. It's some kind of planarian, I think. Definately bad.

Visit our friends