Bad Business Practices

Lena

I question all things.
Alright. So someone, somewhere, on some forum - All of which will not be named - has really rubbed me the wrong way. I'll try to be as vague as possible. If you know who or what I'm talking about, please don't mention it on this forum. I'm trying not to offend anyone or call anybody out, I just want to vent.

Imagine this..

Someone is selling an animal you are very much interested. On their ad they state some pretty stringent rules in regards to contacting them that include you giving them some pretty personal information right off the bat.

All you want to know is how much the animal would be before getting in any deeper. So you send them a message. You are polite, and straight-forward.

They reply with a very long, cold, robotic "slap on the wrist" response (that seems half pre-written) for not following their directions EXACTLY as they wanted. That means giving them all of that information. They tell you that, were it an e-mail, it would have been deleted. It sounds more like a computer error than a response.

So, you reply again, still polite, explaining that you are uncomfortable giving that information right off the bat and that it just seems a little shady to you. All you want to know is the price.

And, of course, another long, robotic response. Only this time they're a little bit ruder. This time they tell YOU that YOU'RE being shady and that they'll block you if you reply again.

So you're pretty pissed now, you block them, and post a rant.

I mean.. Honestly.. What the heck? Something really seems off about the whole thing. :main_huh:

LizMarie

It seems like some people don't know how to conduct business in a way that people will want more. Lena stop wasting your time and move on. If they can't answer a simple question like price (surprised it wasn't on the ad) and you don't feel comfortable I suggest not wasting anymore of your time.

Lena

I question all things.
Oh, I'm not. I just wonder how they expect to get any business that way.

I thought it was common sense that friendliness is probably THE biggest bonus when it comes to business...

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
Yeah, you have to conduct business with a certain degree of common courtesy if you expect to be successful. I'd be very surprised if this person sells anything using the practices you described above.

N

Nigel4less

Well I would say wait it out and move on. These kinds of people are Leeches in this industry and need to take their ethics somewhere else. Especially since the person you are referring to doesn't have the best reputation ;)

SaSobek

if you mean the Green New Zealand geckos in three flavors! Naultinus elegans, rudis and stellatus.

no way it is real and i know that for a fact. every one that keeps these geckos knows every one else that keeps them and this is a fake:main_thumbsup:

SaSobek

Shhh. I don't want to get in trouble. :p

then i will say it.
its BS :main_thumbsup:
like i said every one that has them, knows who eles has them. thats probably why he wants to know who you are. so he can not try to BS people that know.

Lena

I question all things.
..Apparently they're already sold out of two species anyway. Guess I lost my chance.. :x

Have I said too much?

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
This guys classified add sounds quite suspicious I hope we can track this guy down. I hope no one actually bought the two ssp. from him.
They state in their sig. that they specialize in rare reptiles yet they don't have a web site listed. hmmm.

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
i read that whole thread and maybe i missed it.... but i would really love to know how something like that was stolen. did anyone catch how?

Crazygecko

I have noticed over the years the occasional big theft of very expensive reptiles. Its pathetic that someone would do that to another person just to make some cash off of a live animal in such a horrible way.
And one thing I hate is those scammers. luckily I havent fallen for them yet. I am very glad for that and for this forum. I think every non normal gecko I have bought was from breeders who are on this forum. And every one of them has been a pleasure to work with.
Not sure if I am allowed to mention it on this forum and If I am not I will apologize in advance. But if you want to read the many horror stories and scammers out there just read the countless post on the BOI on fauna. its horrible.
ok i got a bit side tracked here

I would imagine if these geckos that guy is selling are the stolen ones he will be found out pretty quickly since they are so rare and expensive and some are on the CITES list.

Lena, if you could can you send me the link so I can check this ad out and show it to some others please?

Visit our friends