Behavior

mascutt

I'm curious about some of the behavior others have experienced with more than one leo. My Lola just had another shed, nothing unusual there, however, Sela is the one who has been acting strangely all morning. Lola and Sela are opposite personalities. Lola stays out all day long... lays next to her hide but rarely goes in. Sela never uses that hide, but has a different hiding place in the viv, which she spends all day every day in.

Today she has been pacing all over the tank, and chirping and clicking, but what really got my attention was her tail began to swish. Of the two, she is the more vocal (body language with tail). Her tail flickers when she strikes pray, etc.. Lola doesn't. She just waits till they walk near her and scoops them up in her mouth. But I've never seen this slow swishing from either of them... it almost reminds of the way a cat swishes its tail.

Has anyone else experienced these types of behavior? Is Sela just bothered because Lola is shedding? And if so, why would that bother her? When her tail is swishing, she's not even looking at Lola, but instead, staring through the Viv's glass at the back wall???? Any thoughts?

David

mascutt

OMG! That's sooo funny! I never even thought she was looking at her own reflection... just like a cat does when it looks in the mirror. Hysterical!

Visit our friends