Best Feeder -- that isnt crickets

bayleembrown

I have a 6 year old leo, that has struggled gaining wait for the three months I have had her. She isn't sickly, just wont put on much weight. She's been fed:
-Dubias; far to expensive and not able to breed
-Crickets; she has bad eyes and can't catch them
-Mealworms; just not nutritional

What other feeders are there? I have considered Phoenix worms, but heard different opinions.

JabbaTheFrog

Silkworms are very high in nutrition and protein, but they are a bit harder to find and more expensive. I get mine off of rainbow mealworms occasionally, it's 8.99 for 15 of them. Another good choice is hornworms, they are pretty nutritious but low in protein, 8 dollars for 12 or 25 ct on rainbow mealworms as well. I would try to start a dubia roach colony because they're very nutritious, have high protein levels, and have an extra-long intestine which is great for gut loading, not to mention they have a very soft exoskeleton. They are the super feeder insect IMO. Make sure you are gut loading and dusting as well good luck!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I alternate between crickets and super worms. I like supermoms because they move more than mealworms but aren't as fast as crickets. You can always present a cricket with tongs, or hold it by one foot and let it squirm around in front of the gecko.

Aliza

Visit our friends