"black pearl"

maximusx6910

I was curious, and i googled black leopard gecko and came across "black pearl"
Is this a new morph or relatively new? Or what does everyone think of the all black leopard gecko? Looks more of a darker tint of a morph. Anyone have more info on these cool looking geckos?

neubauer geckos

Anthony Neubauer
Yea they are the closest thing to a melanistic gacki that we have right now.they cost $3000 and are being produced from craig Stuart at the urban gecko.pretty sweet morph!

maximusx6910

Aren't THEY?! I assumed they would have a black gecko. haha. But the price tag discouraged me. haha. I saw them at another website, ill have to check out urban gecko.

Khrysty

T.U.G. just recently (last season, I believe) purchased the whole project from a breeder in Europe. He only released a few females to the public for 3k each. I believe someone on the forum bought a girl as a juvy last year and will be breeding her this season :)

maximusx6910

T.U.G. just recently (last season, I believe) purchased the whole project from a breeder in Europe. He only released a few females to the public for 3k each. I believe someone on the forum bought a girl as a juvy last year and will be breeding her this season :)

that is the website i think i saw. I remember seeing europe. But yeah it was because they were all females and 3k. Tell her to make the prices... a little cheaper... haha jk. But they are amazing looking morphs, my opinion.

Khrysty

that is the website i think i saw. I remember seeing europe. But yeah it was because they were all females and 3k. Tell her to make the prices... a little cheaper... haha jk. But they are amazing looking morphs, my opinion.

They are pretty cool. They hatch out jet black. Would be way cooler if they kept the color, though :/

Looks like most of them grow up to be a dull/dark brown

maximusx6910

yeah, i noticed how one was growing and the black was fading. But i agree i noticed it too, the hatchling were completely black. I think sooner or later there will be a "jet black" leopard gecko.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
I'd be a little more impressed if all the pictures that you can see weren't with a black background. I can't really tell what they look like, and it makes me wonder just how dark they really are, and why all the backgrounds have to be like that.

Halley

I think craig calls it a Black Leopard look.

I think a Patty Black Pearl Enigma would be a patternless black leo. :main_yes:

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer
There is also a line called Black Velvet that are very dark Leos. I'd love to get my hands on either one just for the opportunity to work with a project that is for the most part off of the beaten path. I see huge potential with hypermelanistic Leos.

Landen

LSReptiles
I think the "black" lines (pearl, velvet, ect) are going to be just like the shct were years ago. They're just going to get better every season with line breeding. They definately need a patternless gene to get more of an adult solid black color. And I agree, put them on a white background and post them how they really are so they're better understood.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
There is also a line called Black Velvet that are very dark Leos. I'd love to get my hands on either one just for the opportunity to work with a project that is for the most part off of the beaten path. I see huge potential with hypermelanistic Leos.

Preach it brother... I can't wait til they're out. If I had a complaint against leos in general, it's that most everything is light in color. we need some darkness to even things out...

reptinut

I've done a bit of research on all the "black" leopard geckos on the market, so feel free to inquire about the matter.

neubauer geckos

Anthony Neubauer

the person who bought the project is craig stuart at the urban gecko.an yea i remember reading a thread about someone asking about what to breed to it.

Visit our friends