Brand new leopard Gecko owner!

Cas1302

Hi! Both myself & my son are now the proud owners of a baby leopard Gecko called Marco! I done loads of research & seen people using glass tealight holders for the dusted mealworms as other dishes resulted in escapees like we have had! Bought some however he seems confused and trying to grab them through the glass rather than going over the top! Will he work it out himself? We tried sitting him on top of it but he just walked away!!

Heloguy

When I first got my female Leo, two years ago, I placed the meal worms on the mat and used a bamboo shish-kabob stick to point out the worms. She quickly caught on and to this day, two years later I will us the stick to point out the escapees. I can also use my finger to point them out.
I found that her target recognition improves when I dust her victims with calcium in a small plastic ziplock baggy. The Leo’s acquisition of their prey is by movement so the calcium dusted prey gets her attention.

Cas1302

When I first got my female Leo, two years ago, I placed the meal worms on the mat and used a bamboo shish-kabob stick to point out the worms. She quickly caught on and to this day, two years later I will us the stick to point out the escapees. I can also use my finger to point them out.
I found that her target recognition improves when I dust her victims with calcium in a small plastic ziplock baggy. The Leo’s acquisition of their prey is by movement so the calcium dusted prey gets her attention.

Thank you, will give this a wee try!!x

Visit our friends