Breeding confusion

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Can you post a picture of what you found? I doubt it was sperm because I don't think it happens that way. One of them could have been stressed by the mating and peed.

Aliza

Sorry I don’t have a pick this was yesterday.it was white and watery and looked like sperm.it was clay like. Dog you think the female meat have peed some out . Could she still be pregnant?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
This is an unusual time for a female leopard gecko to be ovulating (unless you live in the southern hemisphere). If she isn't ovulating, she's less likely to let the male breed with her and if he does, she won't become gravid (which is the term for egg-layers as opposed to "pregnant"). I really don't think geckos have the same problem with sperm falling outside the female that male humans do, though I could be wrong.
If the male and female won't breed, she won't become gravid. On the other hand, if they're together at times when you're not watching, there's no way to know if they've bred or not. When I was breeding I would put the males with their females around mid-January, and would often get eggs by February. The first eggs were often not fertile and my first hatches were usually in April or May.

Aliza

Visit our friends