Breeding questions

Jsmithusar

I got to aft females that I've had for over a year now and I'm looking at breeding them. If anyone has any experence with breeding them please I welcome all the info u can give me.

Geckomaster743

I dont breed fat tails but i'll give you some necessary advice for all breeding.
1. Make sure you have a Hovabator/Incubator. Wouldnt want them laying with out one.
2. Have a laying spot. If your gecko doesent have a laying spot she could hold it in causing her to get egg bound or she could just hold it in and fail to reabsorb it and it can clog her over which can then kill her.
3. Have her Vitamins/Calcium up. If she has a defincey of Vitamin A and Calcium she could fail to lay the egg or when the hatchling hatches it may be missing eyelids, legs, or just about any thing. Having low vitamins may also make your breeder sick and she may die. Besides that im not sure about which Vitamins are key for AFT but i prefer to use Repashy and dust it on insects.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I've got 4 fat tail eggs in the incubator in my 4th fat tail breeding season. They are much like leopard geckos but I've consistently found that the hatch rate is lower. I honestly don't know why. Also sometimes young hatchlings die with no warning. What worried me at first is that many of my hatchling would start out eating really well and then stop, with their tails getting noticeably thinner. In most cases they picked up after awhile and grew well, but those few days or weeks can be frustrating. I would just keep offering food. Good luck with them. Baby fat tails are very cute and are relatively easy to sell.

Aliza

Visit our friends