Breeding

SaiyanJason

Hey guys, I'm thinking about starting breeding because these guys are just beautiful. I wanted some thoughts and opinions on what morphs I should look at putting together. I've also recieved confirmation from Ron Tremper that the parents of my hi yellow that her parents did indeed come from the blood line and i was told I should try to breed her with a blood het rainwater in order to bring out the blood and rainwater genetics in the offspring, so if you guys happen to find a blood het rainwater male, please let me know. Aside from that, I've decided I will purchase the Boaphile Plastics "18 Drawer Shoebox Rack" with the clear tubs.

So I would just really like some opinions on what morphs would be nice to breed for and best places to get mealworms. Thanks alot guys!

Last edited:

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
You'll want to read up on all the genetics and morphs, too. There are posts stickied here to help. I would be leery breeding a rainwater to Ron's stuff, but that's just me.

SaiyanJason

Yeah, he told me most of his are het Tremper as well, but he told me he has a jungle blood for 80, but I'm sitting here thinking... $80? When I see all his bloods going for 300+? Not too sure what to do. I'm in love with the snows and would love to breed them with a darker morph to see how that would come out. Possibly the bloods or if I could get my hands on one, black pearl or black blood. Im just looking for some random ideas to start from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
Yeah, he told me most of his are het Tremper as well, but he told me he has a jungle blood for 80, but I'm sitting here thinking... $80? When I see all his bloods going for 300+? Not too sure what to do. I'm in love with the snows and would love to breed them with a darker morph to see how that would come out. Possibly the bloods or if I could get my hands on one, black pearl or black blood. Im just looking for some random ideas to start from

So he told you that you should breed a rainwater to something that might be het tremper? Or did he imply his rainwater stuff is het tremper?

Bloods will range in price depending on quality and genetics. Once it's bred into something else, it's a cross.

SaiyanJason

So he told you that you should breed a rainwater to something that might be het tremper? Or did he imply his rainwater stuff is het tremper?

Bloods will range in price depending on quality and genetics. Once it's bred into something else, it's a cross.

This Jungle blood is het rainwater, his other bloods however have Tremper genetics, so my only real option is the jungle blood. He is the only het rainwater that he has at the moment. I have no complaints, I just kind of wanted a blood with the fullblown orange/reddish background. I have a feeling he will be a more golden color like my girls parents.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
This Jungle blood is het rainwater, his other bloods however have Tremper genetics, so my only real option is the jungle blood. He is the only het rainwater that he has at the moment. I have no complaints, I just kind of wanted a blood with the fullblown orange/reddish background. I have a feeling he will be a more golden color like my girls parents.

Do you know what your high yellow is het for? Odds are it's het for an albino strain. I would still be very cautious if most of his blood stuff is het tremper and he's saying he has one with rainwater. I know he doesn't test breed anything and all of his old stuff had a chance of being het tremper. He didn't work with the other albino strains in the past. Good luck with whatever you decide though.

SaiyanJason

My hi yellows parents were blood het rainwater, they were a gold/orangish color. They're beautiful. But I'm just trying to find a blood male with pronounced blood genetics that way the offspring could possibly show more pronounced blood genetics.

flemwill

Hey guys, I'm thinking about starting breeding because these guys are just beautiful. I wanted some thoughts and opinions on what morphs I should look at putting together. I've also recieved confirmation from Ron Tremper that the parents of my hi yellow that her parents did indeed come from the blood line and i was told I should try to breed her with a blood het rainwater in order to bring out the blood and rainwater genetics in the offspring, so if you guys happen to find a blood het rainwater male, please let me know. Aside from that, I've decided I will purchase the Boaphile Plastics "18 Drawer Shoebox Rack" with the clear tubs.

So I would just really like some opinions on what morphs would be nice to breed for and best places to get mealworms. Thanks alot guys!

Visit our friends