Calcium mess lol

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
Hey everyone, I noticed that no matter how big the calcium dish is, the Leo's manage to tip it pretty quickly lol, even the smaller one.

So what's the solution? maybe a flatter, even wider dish? I know an obvious one would be heavier bowls but the only ones I could think would work are 10$ each and not really suitable because they are too tall.

I was thinking I'd just dust feeders more (usually dust about half of their feeders every time anyways)

Let me know what you think,
Thanks!

DrCarrotTail

Mine like to tip theirs too. I only give pure calcium to actively laying females. The rest of them get a calcium/vionate mix in their food bowl and those are pretty hard to tip. For the calcium bowls I use small tea light candle holders from Ikea. They are a bit heavy and have a nice flat bottom so the geckos have a harder time tipping those too.

indyana

Hehe, Repti-Ledge stands
Repti-Ledge (Stand) - Repti-Ledge

I was thinking about making something similar to hold the bottle caps I use in quarantine/juvenile setups.

Another idea: Yvonne Lesusky-Hancock posted a picture recently on Facebook of how she burns holes in the lids of her tupperware moist hides that are just large enough to pop in the little dishes she uses for calcium.

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
Hehe, Repti-Ledge stands
Repti-Ledge (Stand) - Repti-Ledge

I was thinking about making something similar to hold the bottle caps I use in quarantine/juvenile setups.

Another idea: Yvonne Lesusky-Hancock posted a picture recently on Facebook of how she burns holes in the lids of her tupperware moist hides that are just large enough to pop in the little dishes she uses for calcium.

I actually have 2 of those but I'd need to buy more lol, for now I may improvise like you suggested. Thanks!

Tongue Flicker

Hardcore Animal Lover
I'm using a small ordinary ceramic teacup plate for my calcium and feeders. Even my giant female can't tip it over. The only problem with it is that my geckos sometimes feel like it's a comfy sofa and would curl up on top of it with the calci powder -__-

Ink'd Out Geckos

I saw one of David's (Davids Fine Gecko's) where he uses the same method but with a piece of PVC pipe. He just puts the solo cup into the PVC and it holds it in place and seems much harder to tip. I might actually start using that method once I can get the PVC. Seems cheap and effective.

Visit our friends