Calcium -- Osteo Form

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
I had been a little reluctant about using a different calcium but my previous supplier was up and gone and not to be found. I got in my 1st Osteo Form Calcium today and I am very happy with it, it has a scoop which makes it much easier to put in a dish and on feeders, and is really ultra fine and stuck to the crix a lot better than my previous calcium.

Just wanted to see what everyone else uses and how they like it!

J

Jedi Master Bruce

I have used it in the past with excellent results for leos and all reptiles.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I go through a 1lb. container of it every two weeks or so. I like it, and the geckos seem to like it, and it does the trick (as far as I can tell). I mix that with vionate and minerall for the mealworm dishes, but I give the geckos crickets about once a week or so dusted with the TRex micro-stick calcium.

But yeah, the osteo-form sticks to bugs pretty well.

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
I have heard people raving about this calcium, and I use repti-cal. My leos lick it, but everyone says they clean the dishes with this calcium!

Where can you purchase it?

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
I bought mine from kvvetsupply.com it was the best price I could find and cheap shipping, $5 shipping and no shipping charge if you order more than $50 in products. They also haev teh vionate, panacur and lots of other good items.

Aubrey's Reptiles

I've used Osteoform and Vionite for the last 3 years and it's great. It sticks very well to Crickets and Mealies like you've said and you can't beat the price..

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
It has high phos levels in it Marica? Well I am not having calcium problems now, so why change something that works, eh? Maybe I have changed my mind :)

ExcessiveHerps

Leo Addict
I'm with Marcia although I've heard nothing but good from it the fact it has phosphorous I've decided not to use reptiles get too much of it thru thier foods for me to ever consider using it in my suppletments. I use pure limestone based calcium which contains only.012% PHOSPHORUS.

C

chad e

what are the negatives of having high amounts of phospherus in your supplements? is it harmful?

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Aaron,

KVVETSUPPLY.com has the best price I could find on osteo form and vionate.

Chad,
From thegeckospot.com site:
Phosphorous is required to derive energy from carbohydrates and fats and for protein production. However, too much phosphorous is not a good thing, as it also inhibits the absorption of calcium. A well-balanced ratio of calcium and phosphorous is essential for bone formation and stability.

L

LadyGecko

I have been using cuttlebones for my source of pure calcium for a couple of years now with good results
I'm curious as to what the difference would be between the two sources-oyster shell and cuttlebones since they are both coming from sea creatures?
Thanks
Sandy

Visit our friends