Can I feed Emeraid to my anorexic gecko?

Loulou

My 6 yrs old female, Asia, is refusing to eat and I am wondering if I should feed her a course of Emeraid, which I happen to have from 2 months ago.

Background:
It's been since late November that my female gecko has stopped eating. She saw a vet, (early dec 2019)had a few shedding issues, mouth candidae(thrush, not sure of the real name of that problem) and she was also given some deworming course (just in case) which ended mid DEc. Late December, she was given a one week course of EMERAID. That' s the last food she had.
She is still refusing to eat, I have offered suoerworms(staple), waxwork and dubia. Some have been left in her habitat(not the superworms) but she has no interest. Tried to force feed her a worm, but nope.
She has not done a solid poo and it would appear the sandy stuff I mentioned in another thread could be dried urate, from dehydration. I give her a bath weekly now.
Temps are as good as I can get them, sometimes perfect but not too hot. And she has a heat mat, and I have added a mild spot for daytime which she seems to like. She has a moist hide, and a grotto. Recently, the grotto is out of favour. Tbf, she has been moved into the other late gecko, as the vivarium is bigger. So, it could be a factor, but its been 2.5 months now.
All her previous issues have gone(as far as I can see), but it looKs like she is in the "no food mood for good."

Attachments

• 1583809994241-1902279459.jpg
    1583809994241-1902279459.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In my opinion, it won't hurt to try the emeraid. I do recommend that you keep offering feeders, either by putting them in her cage or holding her and gently pushing the feeder into her mouth. Good luck.

Aliza

Visit our friends