Can Someone Identify the Morph?

plutoGecko

Hey, I just got a leopard gecko a little over a week ago. For some reason, nobody can identify this morph. I’ve asked at reptile stores, online and can’t figure it out. Someone on Reddit told me not to try to identify it because the morph is meant to be kept secret. Any ideas? 9A30F041-B844-41E3-A4B6-07341ED7D1BD.jpeg 99EE8619-3784-4E6D-AEC5-0271B4502684.jpeg

Geckofan.me

Well in my opinion its patterns could change the more it sheds so in the future you might be able to figure out and also if it was a reasonable price could also be just a very unique gecko

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's a cute gecko, though not particularly unique and there's no reason why a morph should be kept secret. What the person possibly could have meant is that since there's no way to know what recessive genes the gecko has, there's no way to really know it's complete morph except for the way it appears. The gecko looks as if it's getting an orange color, which would make it a tangerine. If it loses nearly all of its body spots (not likely, I think), it would be a hypo tangerine. Otherwise I think you could call it "high orange" meaning it's tangerine colored with few enough spots so the orange shows through nicely.

Aliza

plutoGecko

It's a cute gecko, though not particularly unique and there's no reason why a morph should be kept secret. What the person possibly could have meant is that since there's no way to know what recessive genes the gecko has, there's no way to really know it's complete morph except for the way it appears. The gecko looks as if it's getting an orange color, which would make it a tangerine. If it loses nearly all of its body spots (not likely, I think), it would be a hypo tangerine. Otherwise I think you could call it "high orange" meaning it's tangerine colored with few enough spots so the orange shows through nicely.

Aliza
Thank you for the insight! I was doing some research, he kinda looks like an aberrant.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
An aberrant has either broken body bands or broken tail bands (i.e. the original bands that go side to side were not solid when the gecko hatched). I see neither here.

Aliza

Visit our friends