cant wait?

smithsherps

so I posted before about 36 grams or so female laying eggs a while back. I am getting impatient there is movement in eggs from candling and there probably 2 months plus since that's the last time she was in there. also im happy to report that she and he has gained weight tremendously over the last month compared to before. they jumped 5 grams in the month alone. any ways can anyone tell me about the genetics of gargoyles if there is any? im realy curious my male is stripe is all I know for a fact.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have read through some forums looking for that information and as far as I can determine, there doesn't seem to be reliable genetic info for gargoyles. I am breeding an orange stripe male to an orange stripe female and a red stripe female. Of the 9 babies produced, all are stripe except for one who is reticulated. Two were really nice orange stripes, one is a not so nice orange stripe, a few are yellowish striped and the newest babies are too young to be sure about.

Aliza

smithsherps

anyone got any info on hatching weights. there 4 and 3 grams one weighed 5 yesterday. this iss in eggs. they also can bee seen through.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't bother weighing them at hatching so I can't help you with hatching weights. Regarding what I said above about genetics, a new book about gargoyles by Philipe de Vosjolie and Alan Repashy (and 1 more guy) came out last month with some really interesting info about garg genetics. It's worth reading if you can get the book.

Aliza

Visit our friends