Carolina Crickets:

Taesolieroy

Freelance Artist
For the last two times I've ordered crickets from a near-state company called Carolina Crickets because at the time I found them the most affordable that doesn't kill me in the shipping fee department for a simple case of $10 crickets.

I've noticed however, that my order of 500 crickets seems to only be around 250 in count because I run through them faster than the crickets I ordered from two other companies.

Granted while my geckos are growing, they are still eating the average of 8-15 crickets each between the three of them (the smallest at 10g eating 8 crickets, and the largest at 28g eating 15 with the 24g one not far behind in count). HOWEVER, I know enough that 500 crickets should easily last me almost the entire month.

I've been working on balancing cricket fees and shipping fees as my job isn't the best around currently and I like conserving money as I can for my art supplies. It's just unusual that now twice in a month I've had to order another shipment of '500' crickets.

They are the healthiest crickets I've ever ordered, almost no carcass waste since getting them, but the number of them has got me concerned. Has anyone dealt with them before as well and noticed any odd quantities in their orders? I like to scatter the crickets in their bin now and then to scoop them up and dust them prior to feeding, so I know how the sound and swarm should be for a population of 500, and that's not been what I'm seeing lately.

~Leona Monroe

Visit our friends