Chameleon enclosure okay for geckos

lizzy008

Hello, first post here on the forums. I was going to go with a chameleon but have decided on a Dalmatian gecko. The enclosure I have is a Zen Habitats 48x24x24. Will this enclosure do?thanks much.

1617729882541.jpeg

lizzy008

Hey, thanks much. It‘s called a Dalmatian Crested gecko HERE. Are geckos anything like chameleons? do they like to climb? and bask under a bulb and uvb?thanks again.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The name for the species of gecko is "crested gecko". The "Dalmatian" term means that it has those black spots (like a Dalmatian dog). They are arboreal like chameleons. They are also nocturnal so, though they may be under the basking light, they are asleep and will not necessarily seek it out. They need less UVB than a diurnal reptile. Most people provide the D3 they need through the Crested Gecko Diet CGD but you can use a UVB light if you want.

Aliza

Onelifegecs

Hello, first post here on the forums. I was going to go with a chameleon but have decided on a Dalmatian gecko. The enclosure I have is a Zen Habitats 48x24x24. Will this enclosure do?thanks much.

View attachment 79876
Tank will be fine I would advise you to continue to look into some of the forums care guides to get a better understanding of what this gecko needs

lizzy008

Hello, a bit off topic. What the difference between a Dalmatian crested gecko and a “Harlequin“ Dalmatian crested gecko?thanks

Onelifegecs

Hello, a bit off topic. What the difference between a Dalmatian crested gecko and a “Harlequin“ Dalmatian crested gecko?thanks
Dalmatian is in regards to just the spots on the gecko any crested gecko with spots can be considered a Dalmatian in some regard. Harlequin is in regards to a highly patterned flame crestie. So a harlequin dlmation will be a brown or red gecko with flame like patterning with dots. All a gecko has to have to be considered a Dalmatian is dots

lizzy008

Just curious. What’s the temperament of a crested gecko. Are they defensive and stand their ground or are they friendly and don’t mind being handled?

Onelifegecs

Just curious. What’s the temperament of a crested gecko. Are they defensive and stand their ground or are they friendly and don’t mind being handled?
Every gecko is different but the tend to be more flighty than defensive. They can be easy to lose if ur not careful

Visit our friends