chameleon tank

Onelifegecs

So look more Into the bin enclosures if you wanna have this reptile it’s not as pretty but it helps give the reptile the best life possible. If you want an animal that’s just for show consider looking into other animals that can thrive in that screen enclosure

Saboo

i think i'm going to do the diy arboreal cage one because it's not as expensive in my opinion compared to buying a cage at petco. 25$ is surprisingly cheap, and i'm just wondering something else, how many gallons (if it was glass and terrestrial) would you say my chameleon tank is, because i want to get a tank thats in between both 20 gallons and my tank, so if you would say my tank is 30 gallons id get a 25 gallon tank.... oh wait i wrote this all for nothing, the diy tutorial is probably only for a 20 gallon tank :rolleyes: i'd still like to know my tanks size though

Onelifegecs

You will have to have a tank to do that one that’s the only issue. I would look into when your local petstores are having a $ per gallon sale and then you can get a 20 gal for $20. Theres also places where you can buy them used for cheap

Saboo

oh its fine, i've got money i just don't want to pay a lot of money for a small cage but i'm pretty sure at my local petco their 20 gallon tanks are 50$ the most im spending is 150$ (cage)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I usually get my exo-terra enclosures on craigslist. I've never paid more than $70 for an enclosure which includes 18x18x24 and 18x18x36 (and that one came with a waterfall as well!).

Aliza

Saboo

i feel so bad for cresties at petco, i can kinda get like a 10 gallon tank as a baby but they give them a short and small tank till they are adults! i saw an adult in their once who was looking for a high space but the furthest he could go was like 12 inches tall

Onelifegecs

Yeh I feel bad for them too I always just wanna take all the reptiles home but it does more harm then good cause it encourages them to put more animals in that condition

Saboo

Do glass tanks keep heat in? because my temps are already near 78 and if they get hotter then im worried for the gecko. More worried about it heating up but im also worried about it cooling off

Onelifegecs

The best way to stabilize the Temps and to keep it from getting too hot is to buy two things. A temp gun so you can accurately measure the temp and a thermostat. The thermostat I use is called INKBIRD have used it for two years without issues.

Saboo

i'm gonna have to fall to youtube, can't find anymore reptile care sheets haha. I mean ya, there are a bunch more but on youtube i could find them so easily.

Onelifegecs

Youtube is a great resource just watch multiple different youtubers. A few I recommend is reptilian gardens, leopardgeckoyoutube, GoHerping, Ellies reptiles, and afroherpkeeper. Reptilian garden and Leopard gecko YouTube I feel have very good resources in cresties but the others have a broader reach and are enjoyable to watch if ur interested

Saboo

i have not studied in like a week :eek::eek: i think i'm going to move getting the crestie up to like november and if there is no time near november ill put it up to next year in march, i just think that putting this off for a week is not good and that only 6 months of studying is a little small, and while yes i would study with the crestie i really don't want him to die soooooo. Ya he'll be here next march.

Onelifegecs

i have not studied in like a week :eek::eek: i think i'm going to move getting the crestie up to like november and if there is no time near november ill put it up to next year in march, i just think that putting this off for a week is not good and that only 6 months of studying is a little small, and while yes i would study with the crestie i really don't want him to die soooooo. Ya he'll be here next march.
That’s responsible if you. Good job

Visit our friends