Chilling with my fat tail

Islan

Gecko Girl
Does anyone else have awesome couch time with their fat tail. My African fat tail "Johnson" is a very affectionate gecko. I can sit on the couch with a nice warm blanket, plop the lil guy down and watch a movie. Today I was lying on the couch and the bugger crawled into the crook of my elbow and sat their with me for over an hour . Yes he is shy, I barely see him in his tank, but when I come around he pops his head out and approaches. I have to say Johnson is one of the best gecko's ever. I am surprised how affectionate they can be.

cassicat4

Whenever I have mine out, she immediately aims for my sleeves, and will crawl up inside them and plop on my arm. Sometimes she'll dig around, other times she'll just sleep. She'll actually dig at my sleeve to get inside it if it's not easily accessible. When she's bored with that, she'll crawl out and then spend time crawling all over me. I don't know that I would this behavior affectionate, but it's definitely amusing and very sweet. :)

KTyne

Kayla
I love Fat Tails for the fact that they are so calm and chill! Can't say I've spent hours with my little guy out with me but that's only because we have Cats and they want to eat the Geckos, lol.

Islan

Gecko Girl
Ya, cats and geckos definitely don't mix. Luckily I have a small dog who is very cautious of them. He won't even come near the couch when the lizards are out. That and he is terrified of my bearded dragon "Igor."

KTyne

Kayla
Ya, cats and geckos definitely don't mix. Luckily I have a small dog who is very cautious of them. He won't even come near the couch when the lizards are out. That and he is terrified of my bearded dragon "Igor."

Lol, aww. Yeah my Cats are WAY too curious of the Geckos. I'm not sure they'd really try to eat them but they would treat them like prey for sure if the Geckos got loose.
I only ever take the Geckos out in my Reptile room usually, and if I take them out in the rest of the house the Cats are put in the basement. :)

KTyne

Kayla
Lol, it's pretty awsome. It's not JUST Reptiles, it's more like the office/art room/reptile room. My Fiance has his computer in there, I have my drafting table, art supplies and book shelf and then the Reptiles. I only really go in there though if I'm going to say hello to the Geckos, lol.

Islan

Gecko Girl
That is awesome. I have my terrariums all over my living room. I like to think of it as bringing nature indoors lol. They lizards are always watching what you are doing it is very neat. But I need more room lol, I am looking to get Crested geckos set up in there and I ran out of room lol. My husband thinks I am crazy, calls me the lizard queen. I love watching them and playing house with their terrariums.

KTyne

Kayla
I wish I could keep my Geckos in the living room but I'm always afraid that my Cats would knock the tank over somehow or stress out my Geckos. :(

Visit our friends