computers

CoolGeckos

Deaf Herper
MacBook Intel Based Laptop, and my old Desktop Pc Built myself- 512 Ram, 100 gb drive, AMD and goes to 900 mhz... Many computers in my house all are internet wireless :computer: :whip:

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
I feel mighty proud of myself now, but you guys have geckos that rock the socks off mine so it equals out. I have a custom built one from cyberpower inc that has 2GB RAM, 200GB hard drive, an AMD Athlon processor that kicks up to 2.7Ghz with liquid cooling. I've also got 2, yup 2, graphics cards. Both of them 256MB each. GeForce 7800GT's >_<. Gawd, I feel like I'm back in a gaming forum.

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
I have:
1) 2.4Ghz P4, 1GB ram, 750GB Dell (using this as my server)
2) HP nw8240 Laptop (from school - 15" 1600x1200, 80GB 7200rpm, 1GB ram, DVD+-RW, 1.8Ghz P4M)
3) Custom built with parts from newegg: 2GB Ram, AMD Athlon 3400, 6800GT SLI, HDTV Tuner, 600GB (4x300 (RAID 0 and 1), 16MB Cache), all in a sexy Glossy black antec sonata II case.... I'm a software engineer so I tend to get a little dorkier too, it's perfectly OK.
If you count the following I have 2 Motorola 68HC11 development boards that I custom program... they're kind of like computers... sort of

I am jealous of your liquid cooling though! I assume your 7800's are SLI'd together?

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
I build all of my computers, it's fun.

I have a blue Thermaltake Xaser III case.

3.2 GHz LGA-775 P4 Processor, HT, 800MHz FSB, and 2MB L2 Cache
2 GB of DDR RAM running dual-chanel
Geforce 6600GT PCI-Express 16x Video Card with 256 MB of DDR-3 (I want to buy a new one by xmas, but this one gets the job done for now)
80 GB HD for my OS and programs, and a 250 GB SATA for work/backup.

I have some other neat things, but that's the guts.

A

Alien_Regalis

My very first post :p

I have a 3.8 GHZ P4 HT, 800 Mhz FSB, 1gb ddr, 160 GB HD, 256 MB vid card. All that is wrapped in a bright WuTang Yellow case with blue lights. I dont actually use it much except for gaming. Im currently on my Toshiba Satellite 2415-s205 with a 2Ghz P4 M, 386 DDR, 16 MB vid card.

:)

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
I ended up using a Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI ATX AMD Motherboard for my system, and it does the job well.

Jeremy, I'd love to! hehe. You know that scene in Office Space where they go off on the printer? Something like that would be fun :) I know it's a ways off yet, but are you going to SEWERFest this year? I'm also thinking about booking a room now for NARBC this year to make sure I actually go. I've never been and I always regret it the week after the show.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Alienware - 4GB dual channel ram, 75&300GB HDs, and um... I can't read what it says on the processor. lol It works, and it can keep up with me. That's all I care about. :D

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Well...I don't know the details, but that tag under the monitor reads "hp pavilion zt3000". Sorry, I'm definitely not a computer person, I still rely on my husband to download the pictures from my camera...

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I have a HP Piece-O-Crap that I built when I was going to school at Boston Univ. It is only 750Mhz or something close to that. Yes, I know, ancient!

Anybody got a good computer that they would be interested in trading for some Cresteds let me know!

brandy101010

Well I don't know squat about computers.....so i'm just gonna read what is writen on my new tower...lol

It's a Compaq Presario SR1810NX
3200+ AMD sempron Processor
512MB memory
100GB hard drive
CD-RW DVD-rom combo drive
Graphics-integrated ATI Randeon Xpress 200 - PCI Express slot

Don't ask me what all this means! lol

S

shrap

All 5 of the PCs in my house were built by me.

Primary Machine specs
PIV 2.8
Asus P4P 800 Deluxe motherboard
1 gig memory
ATI All-In-Wonder 8500DV video card
Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card
2 80gig Western Digital hard drives
NEC 8x DVD burner
Viewsonic 19" LCD
Antec 1080 Full Tower case

I love the hardware/building aspects of PC's. Just cant stand coding, html, etc. Dont have the patience for it.

Which PC would you like to know about I have 14 up and going and 6 not even up.

My main machine has 5 GB of ram and 500 GB of space. I back up verything on it. Bought it of an old server company.

But the laptop I am on is nothing special being a compaq..I know you hink they suck but no they do not. PC parts are PC parts and if you know how to care for it they run fine. It has an 80GB hard drive and 512MB of ram. YOu really do not need more then that on a laptop.

Now we could get into my servers that are in VA lol.

Remember when building a PC you would rather have more ram and a smaller Proccesor then little ram and a large processor. This is something many make a mistake on. same goes for a server. Linux can use some of the hard drive as ram though but this is not something you want to count on.

Visit our friends