constipated gecko?

ire123

Tonight I watched my gecko poop. Unfortunately, i realized he was never able to get the poop all the way out and was dragging it around (so sorry for the visual, just here to try to get the best care for my guy!). He even started to (at least what looked like) bite at his butt. I haven't ever seen this whole process before so not sure how often this happens. However, I have noticed him trying to lick/bite his butt previously once or twice, so I am assuming it was this.
So my question is - what do I do about a constipated gecko? I wanted to help him but didn't want to spook him during a ~private~ time. Again, sorry for the visuals! Thank you for any advice.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If it eventually came out OK, then just watch him and see what happens next time. Sometimes there's a problem at a specific time (it happens to us too, right?) but then things are fine. If it seems to be happening all the time, check to see that what comes out doesn't seem to have undigested pieces of feeders. If it does, I'd recommend a vet visit.

Aliza

Visit our friends