Coolest Gecko ever!!!

Gregg M

Registered Member
Google this beauty.... It is the NZ tree gecko.... Naultinus elegans.... It is one of the few gecko species to give live birth...

I would love to get my hands on some of these babies...

Last edited:
G

geckogod2

something like this..

nautiluselegans.jpg

they are endangered in new zealand. they are practically unobtainable.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
I THINK someone had one at the last NARBC Tinley show. Cost a cool 10K. Remember that Jeremy? Was about 2 - 3 tables down from you. I don't rememeber the exact SP, but it was grean with white spots, and said it was a live bearer. Had to be it.

CoolGeckos

Deaf Herper
They are hard to get hand on.... I think 10k for sexable pair and 5k for unsexable pair... Hard to find because they give live birth from 2 to 6 youngs per year. Few people have it and I think Alberto at A&M Gecko have some. They are on my wishlist too!

L

LadyGecko

They are really nice
:D
I didn't know that any species of gecko were live bearers
Lean something new everyday here
:D
That's why I like it here so much
Sandy

M

mayabear52

Those are some awsome geckos....I will pray to the Gecko Gods for some. Maybe I can sell a lung on ebay or put it on the classifieds..that way I can maybe get one.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Damn, those are awesome. Too bad a few didn't accidentally crawl into my suitcase while I was in NZ a few years ago. lol

T

Tokays_Unlimited

Those are pretty hard to get.Unless you live in the U.K.
Think there are about 3-4 people i know with that sp.in the U.S...
:main_yes:
Problem is that there are up and down suggestion as to what they thrive better in outdoor or indoor enclosures.
I have talked to a few people that have successfully bred them indoors and some that havent.:main_huh:

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I looked those up a while ago, I think Kelli ahd mentioned them in a thread on Fauna a while back. They really are impressive!

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
Yes i did some reading on them, they are very hard to aquire i think all if not most of the Naultinus family is protected.

My personal favorite is naultinus rudis however. I wish i could get my hands on a couple.

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
They are difficult to aquire, and giving live birth is pretty cool for these guys, but generally they only produce one baby a year.

Alberto and Mary had a one on their table in a screen cage. At the time I didn't know what it was, but I'll never forget what it looked like! :) So Shanti, that is who you saw with it at Tinley last year :)

Visit our friends