Could use some help...

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I purchased a baby fat tail last weekend at a show. It was only a few days old, but I figured it wouldn't be any tougher than having a baby leo. The breeder told me that she would eat mealworms or crickets. She shed Tuesday morning, but still hasn't eaten. I've tried mealworms and tiny dubias, but she doesn't even pay attention to them. Is it normal for them to take longer to eat, or should I be worried?

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I'm a little bummed about this. I only bought her because he said she'd eat mealworms.:( I don't use crickets and have to drive over 30 minutes away to get some. I'll give her a couple more days and then I'll go buy some.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
I bought one that was on mealworms @ the breeders, but after 3 weeks of not touching a single one, I broke down and bought the darn crickets... I managed to get all of mine to convert... except him! Good luck :(

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I was going to cave and buy crickets today, but when I checked this morning, one of the roaches was gone! Hopefully that means she ate it and it didn't escape somehow. She has two still in with her, so I'm pretty sure she ate it. :)

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
She's definitely eating. Three dubia seem to disappear a night and I've found lots of tiny potties. :D I am so relieved to know she's eating and also to not buy crickets.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Fatties are weird like that! I have some WC adults that quickly converted to mealies and some CB animals that won't go near mealies. Once I set up all my geckos in my new rack I am going to really push for a mealie only operation. I have some 50 geckos so it will be a feat!

Holly12

When I had my AFT she would touch the worms at all so thank God i did not live far from the pet store. But when I frist got her home she at after the 2 day she ate for me so every fat tail is diiferant she pass away a year ago. :(

Visit our friends