Crested gecko might have MBD?

valswishh

Hi guys so for just some background info, I rehomed this Male gecko but I am afraid he is sick. The man who gave them away had two male geckos in one tank, the other tailless but seems in better condition than this one. I tried doing resesrch & from what Im reading these spots might be a sign of MBD? His tail looks weird and bent as well. He also doesn't move a lot and hasn't eaten since she got him ( a week now ). Any sort of advice will be helpful. I kept the tailless male gecko for myself in a separate tank, and my aunt is keeping this older one (they are separated now). Please any info is appreciated !

Attachments

• IMG_4147.jpeg
    IMG_4147.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4148.jpeg
    IMG_4148.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4150.jpeg
    IMG_4150.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4151.jpeg
    IMG_4151.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4152.jpeg
    IMG_4152.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4154.jpeg
    IMG_4154.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4156.jpeg
    IMG_4156.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have never heard of spots being a sign of MBD. Usually the first thing that's apparent is the gecko's limbs are bowed and it can't hold itself up off the floor or the wall. This one's limbs actually look OK. I don't know if the kinked tail is a sign of MBD (I've had more experience with MBD with leopard geckos than with crested geckos) or if it's a congenital deformity. It's likely that the other male was bullying this one. If the powdered CGD you're feeding him is a "complete gecko diet" then it does have the calcium and vitamin D3 in it. Is he eating? If not, you (or your aunt) could try dipping his nose in the CGD to get him to eat. He doesn't look to be in too bad a shape.

Aliza

Visit our friends