Crested gecko no eating on it’s own

Bella_crestie

So it’s been a month since I have gotten my first own crested gecko she’s only around 3-4 months old, she has gotten used to her tank and she’s very tame she doesn’t have problems pooping the only problem I’m having right now is her not eating on her own. So the only way she has been eating is by me feeding her with a stick I mix the food with I put it in front of her and she eats food off of the stick but I have been trying to get her to eat from a little bottle cap on her own I put the cap in her tank but nothing she doesn’t eat, so what are some tips to get her eating on her own? Should I just stop babying her and she will eat when she’s hungry?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
She has you very well trained! One thing I notice about my crested and gargoyle geckos is that sometimes the food appears to go uneaten, sometimes for weeks or longer. They're all thriving, though. She may be eating when you aren't around but her little licks may not be making a dent in what's in there. Unless you want to keep feeding her from the stick, just put the food in there and try not to worry. I don't think I ever saw my now nearly 15 year old crested gecko eat when he was a juvenile.

Aliza

Bella_crestie

She has you very well trained! One thing I notice about my crested and gargoyle geckos is that sometimes the food appears to go uneaten, sometimes for weeks or longer. They're all thriving, though. She may be eating when you aren't around but her little licks may not be making a dent in what's in there. Unless you want to keep feeding her from the stick, just put the food in there and try not to worry. I don't think I ever saw my now nearly 15 year old crested gecko eat when he was a juvenile.

Aliza
Oh okay, thank you this really helps!

Visit our friends