Crested Gecko not feeding

BlueFlame

Hello, I currently have a 3 month old crested gecko. She has not pooped at all in her cage at all since we got her (2 weeks ago), So I have no indication of her eating. The cage is misted and remains at a temperature of around 70-77 during the day and 65-70 at night. Ive managed to have her eat 2 crickets 2 days ago but after that ( 1 to 2 days after), she refuses to touch her mash or any crickets when offered. The mash I use is Zoo-med Watermelon flavor. Ive tried changing the mash and even tried using unsweetened applesauce as a test. No indication that she has been eating. so I cannot tell if she is eating properly. She is also a hyper little one and I cannot weigh her without having her jump away. As a final bit, she is shedding a tiny bit, just around her tail and arms. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Did you get her from a pet store or a breeder? Will she lick any of the mash if you put some on her nose, or if you stick her nose into it? That's what seems to work for me the best. I have also had crested geckos that seemed not to touch their food for ages but did fine. Mine are in planted enclosures so it's hard to tell if they're pooping.

Aliza

BlueFlame

Did you get her from a pet store or a breeder? Will she lick any of the mash if you put some on her nose, or if you stick her nose into it? That's what seems to work for me the best. I have also had crested geckos that seemed not to touch their food for ages but did fine. Mine are in planted enclosures so it's hard to tell if they're pooping.

Aliza
Yeah they dont lick any of the food if you put it to their nose at all, and I got her from a pet store.

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you're really worried, you can find a reptile vet and take them. Otherwise, about all you can do is to keep offering and hope for the best.

Aliza

Visit our friends