Crested gecko not growing fast enough?

Fish4848

I have a female crestie who is about a year old. She is in a bioactive 18x18x24 exo terra. She is active, doesn’t mind handling, fired down in the day and fired up at night. She absolutely loves crickets, and I have had her on pangea gecko diet with insects, and I recently switched her to the watermelon flavor of pangea, which she seems to like better. The humidity is consistently around 70. The temp used to stay about 74 in the day but drop to 66 at night. I recently changed this by adding a ceramic heater, and now the top of the tank is 78 and the bottom is 72. It stay like this all day and night. The whole time I’ve had her, she has been picky with food and usually only takes a few licks of her food a night. I try to combat this by taking her out and wiping some pangea on her mouth which she then eats. She is only around 3.5 inches from head to the base of her tail, which I am pretty sure is too small for that age. She has recently begun to eat a little more due to a change in diet and a higher temp, but I feel it is still not enough. Anyone have any clue why and possible solutions? Also, out of curiosity, what morph is she? image.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm no good with crestie morphs. Has she ever had crickets? That may increase her growth. You could also periodically give her the Pangea with insects. Otherwise, if she's healthy and eating consistently, let her grow on her own schedule

Aliza

Visit our friends