Cute little gecko hatchings

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In the interest of getting things going again, here a picture of my 2 Coleonyx elegans hatchlings that hatched 4/13. Ask some questions if you want to know more:

Elegans2&3.jpg

Yvonne G

Administrator
Staff member
I think the Forum's a lost cause. There just doesn't seem to be an interest. But I'll keep coming on every morning to make sure the spam stays gone!

The little guys are so cute! What is the incubation time period?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It depends on the incubation temperature. I don't think these guys are temperature sexed, but I put the eggs in with my leopard gecko female incubating eggs at 82F and they usually hatch in about 9 weeks.

Aliza

PS: anyone reading this and curious, ask more questions!

timmyfimmy

Newbie here, sorry if I ask a stupid question here. So what kind of species is that? Yes I know it's gecko, maybe it got some special name related to its awesome skin tone and colour.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
These are Coleonyx elegans. Unfortunately they don't keep that lovely red color. As adults they are yellow and brownish.

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
That's what attracted me to them at first. I was pretty disappointed to find that the coloring was just the juvenile phase. They were fun geckos. I don't have any now, but I do have good memories.

Aliza

Visit our friends