Davis

jemjdragon

Been living in Davis for 2 weeks already. Its really nice finally being away from home, but I miss my dog, duck, and cat. At least I got to take Mifty (leopard gecko) with me. And there's a pet store near by where I can buy crickets and mealworms.

My roommates so far are very nice and they both have pets (a 5 month old puppy and a 2-3 year old cat).

I am excited to be finally studying for Animal Science (and hopefully later transfer to their vet school).

I am annoyed about three things however.

First off, upstairs neighbors are loud and annoying. They have a Foosball table, which is fine, except they play it at random times usually at 11:30 pm, 2 am, 4 am. They're being really loud. DX I've never been in an apartment before so I don't know how to deal with this.

Second, a crazy lady almost hit me with her car on the road with her Prius. I was turning left with my bike. I did give the signal I was about to turn. I did look back and listen to see if there were cars. Prius' are very quiet. She even honked at me when she was like 1 yard away which surprised me, I almost fell over on my bike. Then she proceeded to yell bad words at me in Spanish.

Third, I wasn't told labs don't start till next week. My only class today was my chem lab. I biked like 1-2 miles to the campus for nothing. The email telling me labs were canceled was sent out at 3 pm today. My class today was supposed to be at 1 pm.

Anyways, hope I do well =]

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
When I was in school classes were cancelled all the time due to bad weather. I would walk a KM to school to find out. Get used to it, it will only happen again lol.

Also, we had "kennel duty" with the dogs and cats we studied on. 5 oclock in the morning, rain or shine...or 50 feet of snow.

In regards to your neighbours, you could go talk to them politely about their foosball playing. They may hate you after that though, some people are rude.

jemjdragon

I know, but the canceled lab was something all old students knew about. It wasn't just class was canceled do to weather or anything, its lab is canceled for everyone who has not had lecture yet for that class. Since school starts Thursday here, and most lectures are MWF, then I would assume they would let incoming students know "if you haven't attended lecture yet, don't go to lab." I hope that makes better sense.

So far after many talks and complaints they seem to only be making foosball noise between 8 am and 8 pm, which I am fine with. I just hate it when its at 12 am or 2 am.

I might be working with cats and dogs later in the quarter for my ANS1 class, but I do know that I get to work with goats every Tuesday in the morning. =] Tomorrow I get to work with sheep too. I am excited.

(A little off topic but I got to go to Sacramento yesterday for the reptile show because it was so close to Davis. That was a positive this about living here, lol)

Visit our friends