Day 55 anticipation is killing me....

DadCoy

have 16 eggs in the incubator the first 2 have been in for 55 days at an almost steady 81*'s.
now those 2 are the first 2 eggs ever from the female, but all along they have candled fertile and looked good up to now. I know there is a chance they wont hatch, but there are 2 eggs every 12-14 days after those to, so it won't be long.....

ANTICIPATION!!!!!

stager

I know the feeling, at that temp it may take awhile. When I incubate my females at 83 degrees they usually hatch at 50 to 53 days. But once they start hatching it seems you get a suprise every week

cowana

Waiting for my first two to this season was pure tortue. Mostly because they were the first eggs and hatchlings I've ever had. It was torture waiting to see if she was gravid, then for her to lay, then for her girls to hatch. LOL

Now that I got through the first clutch it isn't too bad. I kept myself busy with life, my other geckos, and record keeping. I am even more busy now with record keeping for the hatchlings! [emoji3]

Oh, and trying to find my missing gecko. [emoji22]

indyana

Haha, all the agonizing over eggs makes me a little glad I'm not breeding yet. I can see how checking the incubator could become an obsession... ;)

I do love following along with everyone during the season though. Hang in there!

DadCoy

SHE IS HERE!!!!!!!!
my first ever hatchling....wow this is awesome.
she was the first egg ever from her momma also, so even more of a miracle baby....

for some reason I cant upload pics though......
get it up as soon as I can

DadCoy

mom is SHTCT het tremper(also unknown hets)
dad is SHTCT Baldy het tremper
the white on her back is a pc of paper towel
hatchling.JPG

Last edited:

Visit our friends