Day Gecko day 10 care help

ssinkiwi

hello, i have a giant day gecko. I served him small crickets for the first day. But it seems like he doesn't eat superfood not mealworms from the bowl. Any suggestion to make him eat. I saw a syringe but he intends to run away from me so that's impossible.

Onelifegecs

I do not have any experience with these geckos but something that can help others provide the best info to you possible is to post the age of the gecko and how long you've had him. Also a picture of the setup can sometimes help get to the root of the problem.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I keep a gold dust day gecko. My experience with these geckos, as well as with crested geckos and gargoyle geckos who are similar in that they eat the powdered, hydrated nectar as well as crickets, is that it often appears that they aren't eating but they are all thriving. Clearly if a gecko appears to be losing weight and is listless and unable to climb, there's a problem, but as long as the gecko is active and not getting noticeably thinner, I recommend continuing to offer and not worrying about it.

Aliza

Visit our friends