Digital probe thermometer..

Gecko977

The total was 9 something but that's still a good deal compared to the prices of others.

OnlineGeckos

If you've noticed different brands of these digital probe thermometers all look and function the same. I'm pretty sure it's the same things just re-branded to be used by different companies. So yeah what you are getting is just as good as what pet stores sell locally, and they are usually the Zilla brand for $10.

Gecko977

At the pet store I went to yesterday they had a probe thermometer for 9 bucks...I feel stupid now haha. But I got one on the way so I guess that's good.

Gecko977

My digital probe thermometer came today!I put the probe on it's side and taped it down on top of the paper towels close to where my Leo lays. Did I do this right? It says the temperature is 95.6-95.9. Is this good? Also on the packaging it says aquarium thermometer but on Amazon it said aquarium and terrarium thermometer. It still has a probe so should it'll do the job?

Last edited:

OnlineGeckos

It'll be fine and the temperature sounds good for the hot spot. Check it often to make sure your UTH is working properly and you should be set.

jerrymb

Got my dig therm today and I can't get it to turn on. Coming out of the battery compartment is a piece of clear plastic. Is that supposed to be removed? There is nothing in the intsructions about it.

jerrymb

Pull the clear plastic out...

I just did and it's working thanks. It didn't pull out easily and I was afraid to yank it out. My temp initially said 95.3 F but when I moved the probe slightly it jumped up to 98F. I put another sheet of paper towel over the UTH area but it didn't lower the temps.

OnlineGeckos

My temp is right at 95.9. Should I add another layer of paper towel or just leave it?

That's fine. Your gecko will find a comfort zone to lay on. So if 95.9 gets too warm for them, they'll move to the side a few inches and get a lower temperature floor.

Gecko977

I decided to add two more layers and guess what...IT WENT UP TO 96.9!He hasn't moved yet so is it okay?

Visit our friends