Do I have to have calcium dish in my leopard geckos tank at all times?

hgual22

I've had Klaus since April. He is 2 years old. I dont keep a calcium dish in his tank because I dont have pure calcium. I use repashy calicum plus to dust his mealworms every feeding. Do I need to get pure calcium as well or is dusting every feeding with repashy alright? He is healthy, loves eating and has strong legs. Is he getting what he needs or should I also give him access to a calcium dish? Thank you!

A3F6C4AF-5C54-4C3B-87A3-1E7278D57A32_zpspvptbrvu.jpg 4D8DDBDA-FC64-48D9-BF8E-7B4DBA9BBCD7_zpss4um5rdg.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It seems that people lately are more concerned with over supplementation and I have read many care sheets that recommend not leaving calcium in the cage. I am no longer leaving it in. I think the regular dusting with Repashy should do the trick.

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I know I just answered that I no longer leave calcium in the gecko cages. However, I have to say that since 2 of my hatchlings are showing early signs of MBD, as of last night, I'm keeping some calcium without D3 in the hatchlings cages (not the adults though).

Aliza

Visit our friends